Return Oil to an “As New” Condition
The Trojan ORS is designed to completely regenerate / reclaim transformer oil and return it to an "as new" condition. The Trojan ORS will remove acidity, sludge, corrosive sulphur & ageing by-products. The system can be configured for either portable or fixed location applications.
The filter media can be reactivated 200 - 300 times, meaning lower ongoing cost of operation & labour requirements, & making filter media disposal simpler.
Aged, oxidized transformer oil has a significant effect on the life of the transformer and the dielectric qualities of both the oil and cellulose. It accelerates the destruction of the cellulose insulation and if corrosive sulphur is present, the copper is affected. The polar compounds and sludge in the oil adsorb quantities of dissolved water compared to new oil reducing the dielectric strength.
The Trojan Oil Regeneration System (ORS) uses a specific grade of adsorbent filter media to return aged, oxidized transformer oil to its original "as new" condition, free of acidity, sludge & oxidation by-products. Color and oxidation stability are greatly improved and treated oil will meet or exceed the quality requirements of new oil.
These results can be achieved in a single pass by operating at a reduced flow rate, or by circulating the oil numerous times at a higher flow rate.
The Trojan ORS can be designed to either of the following specifications:
- Automatically reactivating the filter media (200 - 300 times). This option provides lower costs on labour, consumables, disposal requirements & cost per litre/gallon of removal; or
- Replacing the media when it becomes depleted, which is typically after a single pass.
Automated sorbent reactivation
The reactivation process removes all contaminants from the filter media, returning it to a 'like new' condition. All contaminates stored in the filter media, such as sludge and decay products are isolated into a separate tank for later disposal. Wastage is usually about 0.1% to 0.3% of the total oil volume being processed. The entire reactivation process is fully automated. The system does not need constant monitoring during the reactivation process, with numerous interlocked safety measures incorporated in the system as a safeguard.
When the media is fully depleted (approx. 200 - 300 reactivations), it is reactivated a final time returning it to its original inert condition, completely free from oil and contaminants. It can then be disposed into landfill or like (local disposal guidelines may vary).
Sizes to suit all applications
Small, highly portable system:
- Trailer, Stand, Container or Skid mounting options
- Suitable for low towing capacity vehicles
- Access to space restriced sub stations and / or access routes
Large, portable walk in system:
- Custom Shipping Container, Semi-Trailer or Skid Based mounting options
- Higher oil flow, faster oil processing capability
- More adsorption capacity, process higher quantities of oil before media needs to be reactivated
Bulk Oil and Recycling System:
- Manufactured to any number of columns
- Can be divided into separate banks of columns
- Continuous oil processing (even while some tanks are being reactivate)
- Suitable for Tank farms and bulk oil storage facilities
- Restores transformer oil to “as new” conditions, removing acidity, sludge, corrosive sulphur and other contaminants
- Removes need to dispose of aged, acidic oil
- Filter media is “reactivated” to remove all contaminants. Extremely low environmental impact
Media can be reactivated 200-300 times before replacement is required
- Oil processing via a thermo vacuum process to remove gases & moisture included
- Wide range of sizes and flow rates
- Can be used on energised transformers if required
- Simple, safe and easy to follow HMI led processes for operation
- PLC controlled with HMI interactive screen
- Multiple interlocked safety cut-outs automatically shut down the system
- Wide variety of configurations, designs, mounting options
- Can be custom designed to suit specific requirements
- Can be used when transformer is online or offline
- Remote communications as standard